2 Nagios boxes running together in different locations

Andrew Thompson andrew at fulgent.co.uk
Wed May 9 12:16:15 CEST 2012

Hi all,

We run 1 nagios box in our Office at location A - this monitors all servers/websites etc in Location A and a remote office in Location B hooked up with a static VPN

We have a bit of a tempermental firewall at the moment that keeps "going down" thus resulting in everything appearing down to Nagios in Location A and it alerting like a loonatic for all hosts/services (88/156)

So question is:

Can I put a second nagios box in Location B as some sort of slave - and have it cross reference nagios box in Location A and only alert if both boxes agree that said host(s)/service(s) is/are in down state?

If so are there any guides/helps out on the www that will assist in this setup?

Thanks

Kind Regards
Andrew