Exclude monitoring in holidays

Claudio Kuenzler ck at claudiokuenzler.com
Thu May 3 14:45:50 CEST 2012

First you create a timeperiod which contains all the holidays you want to
specify. I guess you already did that.

Let's assume you called this timeperiod "*myholidays*".
Now you need to exclude this from your usual check timeperiod (24x7 by
default):

# This defines a timeperiod where all times are valid for checks,
# notifications, etc.  The classic "24x7" support nightmare. :-)
define timeperiod{
        timeperiod_name 24x7
        alias           24 Hours A Day, 7 Days A Week
        exclude         myholidays
        sunday          00:00-24:00
        monday          00:00-24:00
        tuesday         00:00-24:00
        wednesday       00:00-24:00
        thursday        00:00-24:00
        friday          00:00-24:00
        saturday        00:00-24:00
        }

As you see, the important configuration here is the "exclude" line. It's
actually pretty easy and you can combine many exclusions like this.