SOLVED: Re: puzzling no output from nrpe run of check_load

Peter N. Steinmetz ndoc3 at steinmetz.org
Thu May 3 01:49:43 CEST 2012

OK, I didn't wait long enough for the service to update, sorry.

Changing the check_command definition to check_nrpe_1arg with the $HOSTADDRESS$ argument worked.

It appears that the NRPE manual is incorrect on this. The examples it gives have just check_nrpe for argument-less commands on the remote server. That just consumed 3 hours or so, so quite painful.

Sort of a bug in the documentation. How does one file a bug report on nagios? I couldn't find it at sourceforge or on www.nagios.org. I'm also happy to modify the source for the document if added as a developer on the sourceforge project (but the join link wasn't clear either).

thanks,
Peter