Nagios based distributed monitoring systems out there?

James Whittington James.Whittington at vc3.com
Wed May 2 20:22:59 CEST 2012

This is not entirely Nagios related, more nagios backend architecture related.
We had been a long time user of Opsview Community Edition.
We were monitoring multiple sites so we were drawn in by Opsview's ease of distributed server setup.
Unfortunately Opsview is dropping distributed monitoring from the community edition (a point brought up by Opsview sales when they contacted us about buying enterprise).

I now am stuck with a system monitoring 1000 hosts across different locations with a no low cost upgrade path under Opsview.
What my company ultimately decides to do is not entirely up to me but I was curious if other nagios based monitoring systems handled a reverse tunnel master/slave distributed model as well as Opsview used to?

If Opsview is listening, next time you drop core features from your product do your registered users a favor and give them advanced notice, instead of using it as a sales talking point.

Thanks.

James