The router - two providers - only one can be up

Esteban Monge esteban at nuevaeralatam.com
Fri Mar 30 16:25:02 CEST 2012

Hi folks:

I have the following scenario:
One router with two interfaces, each interfaces have one different
internet provider.

When the primary link is up, the secundary link is down, when the primary
internet provider fails, the secundary link up and waiting to solve the
problem of the primary link.

I have configured this scenario with two hosts differents:
fuck_router_provider1
fuck_router_provider2

But always I have one host down... the quick and dirty solution is disable
notifications for secundary link and check with ping manually after but
not practical.

Can I tell to Nagios that if primary link if up, not alert me about the
secundary link? How? With host dependency?

Thanks for your help...