Root_partition check not reading correctly

Wolf Halton wolf.halton at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 15:37:12 CET 2012

I am not sure how I am launching the service, which I admit is bad,
but I inherited the setup.
I am not sure if it ever worked properly, because it took a
catastrophic rampant application running amok, spewing 9GB files to
clue me in.
I am running nagios 3.3.1 and nagios-plugins 1.4.15
the application is check_local_disk
but I think that must have been a check from the previous nagios
the one in libexec is check_disk
so I tried
[code]
define service{
        use                             local-service
        host_name                       LTS-MASTERKEY-000
        service_description             Root Partition
        check_command                   check_disk -w 20% -c 10% --path=/
        notifications_enabled           1
        max_check_attempts              3
        check_interval                  5
        retry_interval                  3
        check_period                    24x7
        notification_interval           15
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,c,r
        contact_groups                  admins
        }
[/code]

and nagios will not start - says there is a configuration error