service checks could not be rescheduled properly.

Julian_Grunnell at tdwh.co.uk Julian_Grunnell at tdwh.co.uk
Mon Mar 19 09:03:36 CET 2012

Julian Grunnell | Unix Analyst, Infrastructure | TD Direct Investing
T: +44 (0) 113 346 2824 | M: +44 (0) 7889 352527

Andreas Ericsson <ae at op5.se>
16/03/2012 10:14
Please respond to
Nagios Users List <nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net>

Nagios Users List <nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
cc
Julian_Grunnell at tdwh.co.uk
Subject
Re: [Nagios-users] service checks could not be rescheduled properly.

On 03/15/2012 11:31 AM, Julian_Grunnell at tdwh.co.uk wrote:
> Anyone ... thought I'd go back to this. Does anyone have any ideas why I
> would get the following in the Nagios logs:
>
> nagios-03-10-2012-00.log:[1331336760] Warning: Check of service 'DEAL
> SERVER SERVICE TCP 4099' on host 'TDUKUBS01' could not be rescheduled
> properly.  Scheduling check for next week...
> nagios-03-10-2012-00.log:[1331336760] Warning: Check of service 'DEAL
> SERVER SERVICE TCP 4099' on host 'TDUKUBS02' could not be rescheduled
> properly.  Scheduling check for next week...
>
> As mentioed below, I've checked the config multiple times, I run 1100+
> service checks across 100+ hosts and just these two are causing a
problem
> - they differ in that they have specific time periods defined - all
> detailed below. I've checked the various reports that NTP is at fault
but
> it made no difference at all.
>

>> define timeperiod{
>> timeperiod_name ubs4099hours
>> alias UBS 4099 Dealserver Monitoring Hours
>> monday 23:46-20:30
>> tuesday 23:46-20:30
>> wednesday 23:46-20:30
>> thursday 23:46-20:30
>> friday 23:46-20:30
>> }

This timeperiod isn't valid. FROM 23:46 TO 20:30 on the same date,
there is no time for any checks to be executed in.

00:00-20:30,23:46-00:00

should work better, unless you meant "20:30-23:46", but I guess you
wouldn't have screwed it up if that's what you intended.

hth

--

Thanks Andreas - well your right, changed my times as above and the
scheduling now works. tbh no idea why I thought it would work how I had it

So thanks again - happy now.

J.

Consider the environment: Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.

Confidentiality:  This email and its attachments are intended for the above named only and may be confidential.  If they have come to you in error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone; please reply to this email and highlight the error.

Viruses:  Although we have taken steps to ensure that this email and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure that they are actually virus-free.

Brokerage services provided by TD Direct Investing (Europe) Limited (a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank).  Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA registered number 141282), member of the London Stock Exchange and the PLUS market. Incorporated in England and Wales under registration number 2101863.  Registered office: Exchange Court, Duncombe Street, Leeds LS1 4AX. Banking services provided by TD Bank N.V. authorised and regulated by De Nederlandsche Bank and the Financial Services Authority for UK Business (FSA registered number 216791).  Incorporated in the Netherlands and registered as a branch in England and Wales under branch registration number BR006780.