help with check_http

Robert Sullivan robertsullivan8 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 20:09:04 CET 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a check_http test for a web server but am having
some difficulty.

I can do the test using curl from the command line but I want to know
if I can do it with the check_http utility.

This is what it looks like using curl
curl --data-ascii
"version=1&mineLogin=atp_qa1 at mine.com&minePassword=testing"
https://stage-mine-tto.mine.com/api/cclookup
Returns:
{"result":"SUCCESS","ccid":18711}

I've tried this but it does not work.
./check_http -H stage-mine-tto.mine.com -a atp_qa1:testing -u
https://stage-mine-tto.mine.com/api/cclookup
Returns
Connetion refused
HTTP CRITICAL – Unable to open TCP socket

I might be going about this the wrong way. Is there a way to send an
ascii string to a URL using check_http or some other Nagios tool? If I
sent just a string to the URL which is basically all I'm doing with
curl it should work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert