service checks could not be rescheduled properly.

Julian_Grunnell at tdwh.co.uk Julian_Grunnell at tdwh.co.uk
Thu Mar 15 11:31:40 CET 2012

Anyone ... thought I'd go back to this. Does anyone have any ideas why I
would get the following in the Nagios logs:

nagios-03-10-2012-00.log:[1331336760] Warning: Check of service 'DEAL
SERVER SERVICE TCP 4099' on host 'TDUKUBS01' could not be rescheduled
properly.  Scheduling check for next week...
nagios-03-10-2012-00.log:[1331336760] Warning: Check of service 'DEAL
SERVER SERVICE TCP 4099' on host 'TDUKUBS02' could not be rescheduled
properly.  Scheduling check for next week...

As mentioed below, I've checked the config multiple times, I run 1100+
service checks across 100+ hosts and just these two are causing a problem
- they differ in that they have specific time periods defined - all
detailed below. I've checked the various reports that NTP is at fault but
it made no difference at all.

And if I force a check, it works and then schedules to run again tonight
at 23:46 when I want the time period to begin:

Thanks - Julian.

Julian Grunnell | Unix Analyst, Infrastructure | TD Direct Investing
T: +44 (0) 113 346 2824 | M: +44 (0) 7889 352527

Julian_Grunnell at tdwh.co.uk
14/11/2011 14:49
Please respond to
Nagios Users List <nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net>

nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
cc

Subject
Re: [Nagios-users] service checks could not be rescheduled properly.

Hi - thanks, should have said this is one of the first posts I read. Lots
of mentions of NTPD and it should be fixed / still doesn't work. And in my
case whether I enable NTPD or not makes no difference. My checks for
specific hosts are still getting rescheduled for next week. I run multiple
Nagios instances and its only affecting this one - and annoyingly these
checks are some of the most important but just happen to need to run at
specific times of the day.

Any other help / ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks - J.

Julian Grunnell | Unix Analyst, Infrastructure | TD Waterhouse
T: +44 (0) 113 346 2824 | M: +44 (0) 7889 352527

Brandon Phelps <bphelps at gls.com>
11/11/2011 16:03

nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
cc

Subject
Re: [Nagios-users] service checks could not be rescheduled properly.

Check out this bug report on the nagios.org bug tracker:

http://tracker.nagios.org/view.php?id=31

On 11/11/2011 10:39 AM, Julian_Grunnell at tdwh.co.uk wrote:

> [...]
> timeperiod_name ubs4099hours
> alias UBS 4099 Dealserver Monitoring Hours
> monday 23:46-20:30
> tuesday 23:46-20:30
> wednesday 23:46-20:30
> thursday 23:46-20:30
> friday 23:46-20:30
> }
>
> It all looks ok to me, if I manually re-schedule the check above it will
> run fine but when it comes to the check being carried out as defined by
> the timeperiod above again it will not run and then get scheduled for
> the following week.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks - Julian.
>

> Julian Grunnell | Unix Analyst, Infrastructure | TD Waterhouse
> T: +44 (0) 113 346 2824 | M: +44 (0) 7889 352527

> Consider the environment. Please don't print this e-mail unless you
> really need to.
>
> Confidentiality: This email and its attachments are intended for the
> above named only and may be confidential. If they have come to you in
> error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show
> them to anyone; please reply to this email and highlight the error.
>
> Viruses: Although we have taken steps to ensure that this email and
> attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good
> computing practice the recipient should ensure that they are actually
> virus-free.
>
> Brokerage services provided by TD Waterhouse Investor Services (Europe)
> Limited (a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank). Authorised and
> regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA registered number
> 141282), member of the London Stock Exchange and the PLUS market.
> Incorporated in England and Wales under registration number 2101863.
> Registered office: Exchange Court, Duncombe Street, Leeds LS1 4AX.
> Banking services provided by TD Waterhouse Bank N.V. authorised and
> regulated by De Nederlandsche Bank and the Financial Services Authority
> for UK Business (FSA registered number 216791). Incorporated in the
> Netherlands and registered as a branch in England and Wales under branch
> registration number BR006780.

> RSA(R) Conference 2012
> Save $700 by Nov 18
> Register now
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/rsa-sfdev2dev1

reporting any issue.

reporting any issue.

Consider the environment: Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.

Confidentiality:  This email and its attachments are intended for the above named only and may be confidential.  If they have come to you in error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone; please reply to this email and highlight the error.

Viruses:  Although we have taken steps to ensure that this email and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure that they are actually virus-free.

Brokerage services provided by TD Direct Investing (Europe) Limited (a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank).  Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA registered number 141282), member of the London Stock Exchange and the PLUS market. Incorporated in England and Wales under registration number 2101863.  Registered office: Exchange Court, Duncombe Street, Leeds LS1 4AX. Banking services provided by TD Bank N.V. authorised and regulated by De Nederlandsche Bank and the Financial Services Authority for UK Business (FSA registered number 216791).  Incorporated in the Netherlands and registered as a branch in England and Wales under branch registration number BR006780.