corruption

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Thu Mar 1 15:39:20 CET 2012

Please don't hijack mailing list threads. Those of us who read
the list sorted by threads get highly annoyed by it and respond
far more curtly than we'd otherwise do.

That's the first (and only) warning, so I'll be polite this time
even though the behaviour grates on my very soul.

On 03/01/2012 11:50 AM, Nick Price wrote:
> Helli
>
> I am running Nagios 3.3.1 on a fedora 16 server
>
> The server is up to date with all the latest patches.
>
> I have noticed the web interface doesn't show the good results.
>
> Everything shows OK and no emails go out even when things are not ok.
>
> If I issue from the command line on the server check_nrpe -H "myIPaddress"
> -p 5666 -c CheckDriveSize -a ShowAll=long Drive=C    I get a slightly
> different result than shown in the web interface.

That's probably because the webinterface is showing the results from a
check that took place a few minutes ago. Nothing to worry about.

> CheckDriveSize is not the only command that shows different, this was just
> an example of 1 command

See above.

> In the web interface "last check" show dates in the future.

This is more worrying though.

> If I stop the Nagios service then delete the following
>

> Nagios.lock
>
> Nagios.log
>
> Objects.cache
>
> Retention.dat
>
> Status.dat
>

> Then I restart the service, everything comes back as normal.

Most likely you have multiple Nagios instances running. It's the usual
culprit behind such random corruption.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.