Dynamically add/remove hosts on Nagios

Felipe Cecagno fcecagno at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 12:31:07 CET 2012

Thank you very much for your tips, guys!
I did the job using a passive service on Nagios that receives a message
whenever a new instance is UP. This message contains information such as IP
address and others. When Nagios get a message for this service, it calls an
event handler that modifies properly the hosts definition file. Also I have
a cronjob that checks if there's any modification in my config files, and
if is there any, it uses "killall -HUP nagios" to reload the config files.

Thank you again,

--
   Felipe Cecagno
   Mconf Development Team