check windows's manager tasks

Yancy Ribbens yribbens at nagios.com
Thu Jun 21 21:21:39 CEST 2012

Luis,

Some options are:

1) use a external script, and install an agent such as NSClient++ on your Windows box.

http://www.nsclient.org/nscp/wiki/doc/usage/nagios/nrpe

Here is one such script:
http://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Plugins/Operating-Systems/Windows/Check-Windows-Processes--2D-TK/details

Create NRPE command definition to run the external script

2) use WMI to monitor your services.

There are some examples listed here, including windows services:
http://www.edcint.co.nz/checkwmiplus/?q=node/57

Currently, Option 1 is generally more scalable but requires installing an agent.  Option 2 would
require no agent but performance becomes an issue as you start adding more check_wmi_plus checks.

Yancy Ribbens
---
Tech Team
yribbens at nagios.com