Flexible Timeout Values?

Jon Adcock AdcockJ at leoncountyfl.gov
Wed Jul 18 14:43:14 CEST 2012

  Is there a way to define a Nagios check timeout value based on the time of day?  To put it another way, I would like for a given check to have a 10 second timeout for most of the day, but that same check have a 20 second timeout during our server backup window.

  I know that we can make a copy of each check, and run the original with -t 10, and the copy with -t 20, and run each service check with the proper 'check_period' value, but I'm trying to avoid doubling the number of service checks.

  We're running Nagios Core v3.4.1.

Jon Adcock

Network Systems Administrator
Leon County MIS