NSCA : Time out

Assaf Flatto nagios at flatto.net
Tue Jul 17 09:44:05 CEST 2012

On 16/07/12 20:44, trm asn wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 2:08 AM, trm asn <trm.nagios at gmail.com
> <mailto:trm.nagios at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Dear Team,
>
>     I am getting the below error message while pushing the results to
>     central nagios. I am able to telnet 5667 from Monitor node to
>     central server. in Tcp-Wrapper this ip is allowed .
>
>     The results are not getting updated due to this. Please help me
>     out to sort this ..
>
>     Warning: OCSP command
>     '/mnt/vol1/nagios/libexec/eventhandlers/submit_check_result
>     Lnx-ProdDatabase1 'Checks if the SQL Slave thread is running' OK
>     'OK - Slave io is running'' for service 'Checks if the SQL Slave
>     thread is running' on host ' Lnx-ProdDatabase1' timed out after 10
>     seconds .
>

> Still not able to figure out , where is the actual problem is.
>
> i) I am able to telnet to central server's 5667 port .
> ii) I am able to test it from commandline ..
>  echo "testhost    TestService     0    OK" |
> /mnt/vol1/nagios/libexec/send_nsca -H x.x.x.x -p 5667 -c
> /mnt/vol1/nagios/etc/send_nsca.cfg
> 0 data packet(s) sent to host successfully.
>
> Is there anywhere else , I need to lookout to get the result submitted
> to the central server.
>
> /\
> TRM
i have found that some time NSCA becomes stale on the server side and a
restart of the service helps to restore it to action.
Also , are you writing to the syslog ? if so check the log size and if
the file system has not filled up ( on both sides of the interaction) .

did you check the nsca log file ( usually syslog ) ?