SNMP Trap monitoring for Dell servers (on IDRAC cards)

Sven Dohmen sd at o4s.nl
Tue Jul 10 10:42:25 CEST 2012

Is there anyone that knows how to configure the snmp trap monitoring for
nagios on a debian machine? I have been trying to set it up for a couple
weeks now with help from some guides on the internet but i failed each
time.

In the logs i see the incoming trap appear but after that nothing seems to
happen with the trap. I do have snmptt en the snmp trap daemon installed
and active but it seems i am missing something. We want to use this to
monitor our dell servers on the idrac modules that are build in.

Met vriendelijke groet / With kind regards,
Sven Dohmen
NOC Engineer
Open for Support bv
Amerikalaan 1
6199 AE Maastricht-Airport Tel +31 (0)43 88 000 88
Fax +31 (0)43 88 000 80
http://www.o4s.nl