Dell Openmanage

Trond Hasle Amundsen t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no
Sun Jul 1 12:08:07 CEST 2012

"Sven Dohmen" <sd at o4s.nl> writes:

> Since several months we are using the Dell Openmanage plugin from http://
> folk.uio.no/trondham/software/check_openmanage.html. This has been working fine
> untill the last couple weeks.
>
> For some servers we are getting the following results back:
>
> W: Controller 0 [PERC 6/i Integrated]: Firmware '6.2.0-0013' is out of date
> ------ SYSTEM: PowerEdge R710, SN:
> INTERNAL ERROR: Use of uninitialized value within %fw_type in string eq at
> (eval 1) line 4976.
> INTERNAL ERROR: Use of uninitialized value within %fw_type in pattern match (m/
> /) at (eval 1) line 4980.
>
> I noticed this only happens when 1 of the drivers is out of date. Is there a
> solution for without directly updating the firmware (which is already planned
> over several weeks).

In case anyone else has this issue.. Sven and I worked on this off-list,
and we identified this to be an error related to using the '-o' option
over SNMP, on servers equipped with iDRAC6 or iDRAC7 management
cards. The plugin check_openmanage has been fixed and a new release
(versjon 3.7.6) is available:

  http://folk.uio.no/trondham/software/check_openmanage.html#download

Notice for For RHEL and Fedora users: The new release has been submitted
as an update for Fedora and Fedora EPEL. It is currently in testing, and
can be updated with:

  yum --enablerepo=\*testing update nagios-plugins-openmanage

Regards,
--
Trond H. Amundsen <t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no>
Center for Information Technology Services, University of Oslo