rab at walkermartyn.co.uk - Re: NRPE/NSClient++ CheckCPU Error? - Email found in subject

Matthew Jurgens nagiosusers at edcint.co.nz
Mon Jan 30 23:00:40 CET 2012

On 31/01/2012 3:57 AM, Robert Jackson wrote:

> I'm trying out check_wmi_plus at the moment. I've got some basic tests
> working from a command line (namely checkuptime, checkmem and
> checkdrivesize). All well and good. However my problems start when I
> try to run checkcpu within a Nagios environment -- "UNKNOWN -
> Permission denied when trying to store the state data. Sometimes this
> happens if you have been testing the plugin from the command line as a
> different user to the Nagios process user." is being displayed. It
> works just fine from a command line.

The error message for that problem is very explicit.
The rest of the that message that you didn't paste into your message
tells you what you need to do
It will say something along the lines of:

"You will need to change the permissions on the file or remove it. The
actual error text is: Can't create /tmp/cwpss_checkcpu_.state"

Do what it says and you should be ok

> Also I can't for the life of me get the checkts --s sessions(2003)
> working at all "WARNING: Could not correctly parse "customfield"
> definition in ini file:  (for checkts sessions2003)" is being displayed.

Something might not be quite right with the ini files you have. Try this -
1) Try downloading them again, try the command again
2) Remove the ini files one at time, running the command after each
removal until the error goes away. Leave check_wmi_plus.ini to last as
that is the one that contains the checkts checks. This should identify
which one has the error.
3) Zip/tar them up and send them to me

--
Smartmon System Monitoring <http://www.smartmon.com.au>