check_nc_net and WMICHECK

Boyer, Timothy A. Timothy.Boyer at opm.gov
Sun Jan 22 19:54:38 CET 2012

I've got a couple of registry values on a bunch of Windows servers that I want to track and see if and when they get changed.  And being a good sysadmin, I'm trying to be lazy. :)

I'm sure it's possible - probably trivial - to write a small script that I could put on the Windows boxes and do so and report back to NC_Net, but it would be much easier - since the boxes allready have NC-Net on them - to do it once on the Nagios box.

So the WMICHECK way of doing it is either to use RegistryKeyChangeEvent - the preferred way; it would catch any registry change - or StdRegPRov and GetMultiStringValue, and store and compare it on the host side.  But I'm having problems getting either of them to work.