can't disable embedded perl

Sven Nierlein Sven.Nierlein at consol.de
Tue Jan 17 17:32:13 CET 2012

Hi,

On 1/17/12 17:05, Tom wrote:
> So I tried to disable the embedded perl...
>
> [root at g0801 nagios]# grep embedded /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg
> enable_embedded_perl=0
> use_embedded_perl_implicitly=0

This is not possible after compile time. See
base/nagios.c line 740:

             /* initialize embedded Perl interpreter */
             /* NOTE 02/15/08 embedded Perl must be initialized if compiled in, regardless of whether or not its enabled in the config file */
             /* It compiled it, but not initialized, Nagios will segfault in readdir() calls, as libperl takes this function over */

Nagios will always init embedded perl even when it is disabled by the config.
Recompiling without embedded perl is the only way to fully remove epn.

Bye,
  Sven