how to avoid host dependency with check_cluster

Morty morty+nagios at frakir.org
Fri Jan 13 11:44:21 CET 2012

I've gotten check_cluster working to monitor a service cluster per the
docs.  It works at a basic level.  Thanks!

Problem: service definitions seem to require an associated host or
hostgroup.  I don't want to tie the check_cluster to an individual
host, because if that host goes down, a different host in the cluster
could still be up.  But I also don't want it tied to every host in the
cluster because then I could get duplicate notifications.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

- Morty