Nagios Graph converting figures to binary bytes rather than decimal

James Osbourn james.osbourn at citrix.com
Sat Dec 15 15:43:25 CET 2012

I have Nagios servers installed with standard installation of nagiosgraph.  I am seeing some weird behaviour of the graphs showing the data returned from check_disk.

I have a filesystem which has usage as follows:
filer02.uk.xensource.com:/vol/groups/images
                      450G  310G  141G  69% /usr/groups/images

check_disk returns the following information from the following command
check_disk -w 90 -c 95 -p /usr/groups/images --units=GB

DISK OK - free space: /usr/groups/images 144182 MB (31% inode=99%);| /usr/groups/images=316617MB;460710;460705;0;460800

However, nagiosgraph is showing the following information
Size = 331.79, should be 310
Warning = 477.82, should be 445.5
Critical = 483.18, should be 450
Min = 0, which is correct
Max = 483.18, should be 450

Looking at the GB value and converting to bytes and then back to GB using decimal bytes gives these figures.

Is there any way to make nagiosgraph using binary bytes rather than decimal.  I am not that familiar with nagiosgraph or RRD and cannot work out how to make the change.

Many Thanks

James