Nagios 3.99.95 contact_groups

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Dec 5 15:51:15 CET 2012

On 12/05/2012 02:28 PM, Supporto Tecnico - Crazy Network wrote:
>   define contactgroup {
>          contactgroup_name       sysadmindiary.it
>          alias   SysAdminDiary.it Staff
>          }
>
> The only contactgroup i can see in object.cache
>
> I did send you a private mail with login data for the box.

You did, and I'm perplexed.

The problem arises when precaching objects (which is discouraged in
Nagios 4, since it actually makes config loading slower rather than
faster for almost all cases).

The objects.precache file has you as a member of the contactgroup,
but the objects.cache file does not.

If I don't precache objects, it doesn't matter how I specify that
you should be a member of the group. You still get notifications.

If I do use the precache file, you don't get notifications no matter
how I specify it.

Now that I noticed this discrepancy, it appears there are other
issues with group membership parsing as well, and they only appear
when reading the precached object file. I'm working on a patch as
we speak and it appears I've got things fixed. I'll just run some
more tests and then send it out muy pronto.

Thanks for letting me sneak a peak at your server. This one would
most likely have baffled me for quite some time otherwise.

This should sort out many of the "Nagios doesn't send notifications"
issues that have cropped up here and there and that I've been unable
to reproduce.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.