Nagios running checks way too often

Claudio Kuenzler ck at claudiokuenzler.com
Wed Dec 5 08:26:51 CET 2012

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 4:44 PM, Doug Eubanks <admin at dougware.net> wrote:

> Nagios is checking services way too often.  It's supposed to check once
> every 2 minutes, then failback to checking once every 1 minute on a failure.
>
> I believe this is the relevant parts of the nagios.cfg file:

Actually the relevant part for how often a check should be executed is in
the service definition of the check. Mostly the service itself uses a
template with the "use" option. In this case you have to check your
templates.cfg file.

If you don't find it, please post the relevant service definition and the
definition of the template being used by the service.