Weird Nagios Problem

Martin Hugo Martin_Hugo at hboe.org
Tue Dec 4 04:26:03 CET 2012

I have been running Nagios for over a year with no issues.  All of a sudden, all of my current loads on my linux servers all go into warning state at the same time, showing the exact same load, which then increments every hour to critical.  After a while (3 or 4 hours)  they all come back down to normal.

Checking on the servers themselves using HTOP shows normal load levels throughout the time period.

Another issue is one check_Interface_Table that returns 255 out of bounds but over 30 others (in the same service group using the same command) return normal.

The problem is obviously with Nagios but I don't know where to look.

Any suggestions?

Martin T. Hugo
Network Administrator
Hilliard City Schools