sms alert notification in Nagios 3.4.1

Edwin Zoeller Edwin.Zoeller at ama-assn.org
Wed Aug 29 02:16:43 CEST 2012

That would be great

----- Original Message -----
From: Net Warrior [mailto:netwarrior863 at gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 07:06 PM
To: Nagios Users List <nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] sms alert notification in Nagios 3.4.1

Hi
I use my own internal sms system to send alerts, long time ago I use
the mobile company service to send
and email in a format like 84848484 at sms.company.com

You only have to define your own command or use the one already
defined in command.cfg
If you want I can share with you how I did it, it is easy.

but basically after you define the command you define in contacts.cfg

srvice_notification_commands   send-sms-service,notify-service-by-email
 host_notification_commands      send-sms-host,notify-host-by-email

send-sms is my own defined command which fires up lynx pointing to an
intranet where the
sms service runs.

Regards