NPC nagios/cacti

Phil Dobbin phildobbin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 11:13:23 CEST 2012

Mykeul wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Did you even search for these files ?
> Let's see how you could find them :
> # dpkg -L nagios3
> or
> # find / -name "*.cfg" |grep nagios
> or
> # updatedb; locate nagios.cfg
> or
> ... even more ways to find them.
>
> I dont use Ubuntu, however, my first try would be /etc/nagios3 or
> /etc/nagios3/objects ... maybe /etc/nagios/
>
> Please use http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/nagioscore/3/en/toc.html
> for the next steps.

To be fair, he was looking for a hosts.cfg to define remote hosts as
indeed am I & there doesn't seem to be sample template.cfg in that
repect that I can find on either Fedora, OS X or Ubuntu.

Having said that, I'm using a package manger to install all three so
maybe grabbing the source would help, they may reside there.
Alternatively, use a template from the web as I have done (even Learning
Nagios 3 by Wojciech Kocjan doesn't give a template for hosts.cfg or
remote.cfg).

Cheers,

  Phil...

--