Issues with check_by_ssh

Badri Pillai badri at diglinks.com
Wed Aug 15 19:45:31 CEST 2012

Hi,

since the plugin is executed as user nagios, check if the command (including
all params) works as user nagios (or whatever user id it is running as)

Problem could be:

1)      Nagios user  can’t read the ssh key file as it resides in root
directory

2)      Or it can’t write the ~nagios/.ssh/known_hosts file

PS: In general it is not a good practice to use root ssh key for nagios
commands

       I would suggest to create a ssh key for nagios user and place it in
nagios home or a place where nagios user has access to

Regards,

bp