R: strange behavior disabling checks

Marco Borsani m.borsani at it.net
Wed Aug 8 15:47:01 CEST 2012

I set in the individual service.

define service {

          host_name                             HOST

          service_description              Admin_Modem_PROCS

          is_volatile                                0

          check_command                    check_modem_procs

          max_check_attempts           4

          normal_check_interval          5

          retry_check_interval             1

          active_checks_enabled         0

          passive_checks_enabled      0

          check_period                         24x7

          event_handler_enabled       1

          parallelize_check                     1

          obsess_over_service              1

          check_freshness                     1

          flap_detection_enabled        1

          process_perf_data                 1

          retain_status_information             1

          retain_nonstatus_information     1

          notification_interval                         120

          notification_period              24x7

          notification_options             w,u,c,r

          notifications_enabled            0

          contact_groups                   00000_0, 00000_1, 00000_2

}

Strange is that if I see the web page “View config”, I can read right
parameters, but when I open the service detail I see all “green” windows.

Service Checks:  ENABLED   ß ???

Passive Checks:  ENABLED    ß ???

Service Notifications:   ENABLED      ß ???

Event Handler:   ENABLED

Flap Detection:   ENABLED