Check Website Help

Andrew Thompson andrew at fulgent.co.uk
Fri Aug 3 15:49:37 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I have websites that I monitor.

Some require just a yes is it up or no its down by hitting the site and searching for text on it.

Others require the site to be logged into and trawled to test SQL backend so I need to provide it with a username/password.

I also want performance data as I have just started using PNP4Nagios.

I am using a custom written bash script at the moment, and this works fine, however it doesn't output any performance data.

I have looked at Webinject but this uses its own graphing tool (gnuplot) and to reduce confusuion I don't really want to run 2 graphing tools.

So 2 questions:

1.       Is there a plugin available that does all I need above?

Or

2.       Anybody point me in the right direction in how to add performance data to my already working bash script? (im not a programmer, however my collegue is!)

Thanks in advance.