Use of customized macro in CONTACT definition

Deborah Martin Deborah.Martin at kognitio.com
Wed Apr 25 10:39:29 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to define a customized contact macro so that I can pass it to an event handler

My contact definition is :-

define contact{
        contact_name                    test-admin
        alias                           test-admin
        service_notification_period     24x7
        host_notification_period        24x7
        service_notification_options    w,u,c,r
        host_notification_options       d,u,r
        service_notification_commands   notify-by-email
        host_notification_commands      host-notify-by-email
        email                           deborah.martin at kognitio.com<mailto:deborah.martin at kognitio.com>
        _EMAILID                 deborah.martin at kognitio.com<mailto:deborah.martin at kognitio.com>
        }

Then in my script test I just do echo "EMAILID=$NAGIOS__CONTACTEMAILID"

This doesn't work. But if I put the same customized macro into a service definition and change the test script to "EMAILID=$NAGIOS__SERVICEEMAILID"
it works fine.

According to the docs, I'm specifying this correctly. I'm using nagios 3.2.0 on SLES10.

So, am I doing something that should work and is a bug and if so is it fixed in a later nagios version or have I done something silly here...?

Thanks,
Deborah

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail immediately.  Any unauthorised distribution or copying is strictly prohibited.

Whilst Kognitio endeavours to prevent the transmission of viruses via e-mail, we cannot guarantee that any e-mail or attachment is free from computer viruses and you are strongly advised to undertake your own anti-virus precautions. Kognitio grants no warranties regarding performance, use or quality of any e-mail or attachment and undertakes no liability for loss or damage, howsoever caused.