Proper use of escalation_options

Assaf Flatto nagios at flatto.net
Thu Apr 12 11:02:55 CEST 2012

On 11/04/12 23:15, Jeff Leyser wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> Nagios 3.2.3, running on CentOS.  I have two service escalations setup:
>
> define serviceescalation{
>         servicegroup_name               noncritical
>         first_notification              1
>         last_notification               0
>         notification_interval           10
>         escalation_options              w,r
>         contactgroups                   Group1
> }
>
> define serviceescalation{
>         servicegroup_name               noncritical
>         first_notification              1
>         last_notification               0
>         notification_interval           10
>         escalation_options              c,u,r
>         contactgroups                   Group2
> }
>
> What I want to do is have all WARNINGS and associated RECOVERYs go to
> Group1, while all CRITICAL and UNKNOWNs and associated RECOVERYs go to
> group2.
>
> For the problem alerts, works great, each group only gets what is
> defined.  But both Group1 and Group2 get all RECOVERY notifications,
> even for problem notifications they don't.
>
> Is there a way to achieve what I want?
>
> Many Thanks!

As is written in the documentation , recoveries will be send to those
that have all ready been notified about the issue regardless of it's
current status.

So if the status went from OK  to Warning then to Critical , those in
Warning  and Critical groups will get the recovery notification.

  http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/nagioscore/3/en/escalations.html