Flexible downtime not working

Deborah Martin Deborah.Martin at kognitio.com
Mon Apr 2 14:54:05 CEST 2012

Hi Claudio,

Thanks for info. But I'm a little puzzled.

I clarified the steps that were taken. It turns out that he didn't use Flexible but instead used fixed. However, he's sure that the dates were set to 1st April for the start and end date.
So, surely once the date changed to the 2nd April, at the very least, normal monitoring should have resumed or is that not correct ?

In fact I took your advice and removed the fixed downtime manually.

These are the nagios log entries I see for this service :-

04-01-2012 00:00:00

04-01-2012 06:00:00

0d 6h 0m 0s

SERVICE OK (HARD)

60 rows in dsa.mdf_reservation in last 10 minutes

04-01-2012 06:00:00

04-01-2012 06:46:11

0d 0h 46m 11s

SERVICE DOWNTIME START

Start of scheduled downtime

04-01-2012 06:46:11

04-01-2012 14:00:10

0d 7h 13m 59s

SERVICE CRITICAL (HARD)

0 rows in dsa.mdf_reservation in last 10 minutes

04-01-2012 14:00:10

04-02-2012 11:26:18

0d 21h 26m 8s

SERVICE OK (HARD)

331 rows in dsa.mdf_reservation in last 10 minutes

04-02-2012 11:26:18

04-02-2012 11:47:16

0d 0h 20m 58s+

SERVICE DOWNTIME END

End of scheduled downtime

The last entry is when I manually put the service back to normal monitoring.

Regards,
Deborah