suddenly, cgi stopped working...

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Fri Sep 16 14:06:55 CEST 2011

On 16 September 2011 11:25, Metron 6 (six) <metron6 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Jim,
>
> this directive is not in nagios.cfg. actually there is no such
> directive in any conf file...
> when i issue into /etc/nagios3 this command grep status_file *  i get no results
>
> i did this
> find / -name status.dat
> /var/lib/nagios3/status.dat
>
> and found that it has the right permissions
> -rw-rw-r--  1 nagios www-data    223007 2011-09-16 13:20 status.dat
>
> so, whats next ?

I don't know Centreon, but in a nagios core install I would expect the
.cgi should read the nagios.cfg file to determine the location of
status.dat.  I would add the directive
status_file=/var/lib/nagios3/status.dat anyway and see if that helps
the .cgi to find the status file.

(in a default Nagios core install) Your cgi.cfg file should point to
the location of nagios.cfg like so:
  # MAIN CONFIGURATION FILE
  # This tells the CGIs where to find your main configuration file.
  # The CGIs will read the main and host config files for any other
  # data they might need.
  main_config_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg

I would raise this on the relevant Centreon forum as I would guess
you're more likely to find people there who understand the
peculiarities of Centreon's implementation of nagios.  Some of the
newer front-ends don't use status.dat to get status information from
Nagios - I wouldn't know if Centreon is one of those.