Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: check_snmp_int - No usable data on file

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Mon Sep 5 09:33:33 CEST 2011

On 5 September 2011 08:13,  <Radu.Popa at technomatic.de> wrote:
> So your suggestion is to have the -d option set to 60s for a 20s check
> interval?

No.  The plugin will allow an interval of up to 300% above the -d
value, but only 10% below the -d value.  This implies you could go up
to -d = 21 .  This would mean it will allow a gap of up to 63 seconds
rather than 60.  I suppose to be honest that's not likely to make much
difference to you!

I would look at what it is in your config which might cause the nagios
daemon to stop running scheduled checks for 60 seconds or more.  One
indicator which is useful in assessing this sort of thing is the
service check latency.  Moving status.dat on to a ramdisk might help -
it didn't work for me, as I suffered locking issues, but with a
different Linux distro it might work better.  I was using Ubuntu 8.04
LTS.

Alternatively you could maybe look at running these checks using
check_snmp instead.  The very latest version has the options you need
to record the delta rather than absolute values.

If you can increase the check interval even only a little that would
help.  I use a 5 minute check interval for these interface checks, and
usually only see the same errors whenever I reload the Nagios config.

You might also consider configuring Nagios in a hierarchical setup,
with each slave Nagios server handling fewer checks.  I would think
DNX would be an easy way to set that up ( http://dnx.sourceforge.net/
), but I've not tried it yet myself.