check_snmp_int - No usable data on file

Radu.Popa at technomatic.de Radu.Popa at technomatic.de
Sun Sep 4 11:53:20 CEST 2011

Hello,

I am using check_snmp_plugin to monitor a couple of switches. The command
template I use is:

 $USER1$/check_snmp_int.pl -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -C $USER5$ -2 -r -n $ARG1$ -fY
-kqB -g -w $ARG2$ -c $ARG3$ -d $ARG4$

And the particular one for a certain port/device is:

# Monitor bandwidth and port status - port 23
define service{
        use                     generic-service         ; Inherit values
from a template
        Host_name               switch1
        Service_description     Port 23.
        Check_command
check_snmp_int!"GigabitEthernet0/23"!600000,600000,100,100,100000,10!800000,800000,200,200,200000,20!11
        Normal_check_interval   2               ; Check the service every
2 units under normal conditions
        retry_check_interval<-->1               ; Re-check the service
every one unit until its final/hard state is determined
        }

The interval length in nagios.cfg is set to:

interval_length=10

Can you please let me know a good value for the -d parameter in order to
tweak the check_snmp_int.pl script properly?

Thank you!