ssuport

Daniele "Lethe" Catanesi nagios at tuxforge.com
Sat Sep 3 17:44:58 CEST 2011

On 09/03/2011 11:33 AM, Ndabunguye Frederic wrote:

> i have install and configure Nagios. nagios  is starting fine
Are you using the init script to start Nagios?

> and I am getting no errors at all under logs.
> On the other hand I am getting the following error via the
> web<http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=437831#> interface
> nagios problen: could not read host and service status information! if
> some one know the steps to resolve this error he/she can help me thanks

Having a bit more of information would help (OS, Nagios Version and so
on) anyhow what comes on top of my mind reading the error is verifying
that Nagios process is actually running as from the error you are
getting it seems to me that is not started at all a "ps -ef | grep
nagios" should quickly tell you.

Daniele.