nagios 2.9 doesn't send emails anymore.

Mike Lindsey mike-nagios at 5dninja.net
Fri Oct 28 05:40:09 CEST 2011

On 10/27/11 3:15 AM, Mario Garcia Ortiz wrote:
> Hello
> we have this strange issue on a nagios server running version 2.9.
>
> all of a sudden, we stopped receiving notifications
> the web interface shows that the notifications are sent to all the
> contacts but nothing is actually sent. there's nothing on the syslog
> of the server; if we send manually a mail via the command line that is
> sent but nothing that is sent by nagios process itself.
>
> what could be the problem here.
> thank you

Many things could be the problem here, only some of them would be "Nagios."

If you were running 3, I'd say turn on debug logging.  Since you're not,
this gets hard (or you could just upgrade to 3, see if the problem
disappears, and if it doesn't, turn on that debug log.)

What's your notification command config look like?

What happens if you add:
"""
 >/tmp/notif_log.out 2>&1
"""
to the end of it?  That should trap the command stdout and stderr, and
save it in that file.

--
Mike Lindsey