Strange problem with perfomance data

Steve Kieu msh.computing at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 02:00:56 CEST 2011

Hello everyone,

I have strange problem with nagios not writing performance data for some
services checks but it does for some others and checking it does not return
any clue at all. The purpose is to parse this for nagios_grapher - and to
debug I just echo it to a file and see that symptom.

Basically all options look correct - service a and b all use generic service
and option process_perf_data is set to 1, and nagios.cfg it is enabled.

Service b nagios does write serivce performance data to a file that I set,
Service a does not

Run the command check for service a it print a line like this

su nagios -c '/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_isdn_channels 10.200.200.33 40
50'
OK: There are 25 channels up out of 60

so nothing special, and similarto the service b service check command, we do
not use pipe |  after the main one at all and only parse the %SERVICEOUTPUT$

any ideas about what to track to find out why this happened would be highly
appreciated.

Nagios core version 3.3.1 running on rhel 5.6 (build from source)

Many thanks in advance

--
Steve Kieu