check_http and other response codes

Morty morty+nagios at frakir.org
Thu Oct 13 04:46:19 CEST 2011

On some of our apache servers, the normal response code is 401
(authentication required) rather than 200.  I'd also like to use
nagios to make sure the apache TRACE method stays disabled, with a
response code of 405.  Problem: check_http returns a warning if the
response code is anything but 200.  In the first case, both 200 and
401 are acceptable; in the latter case, I want 405 rather than 200.

Is there a way to require or allow a different response code?

I'm using check_http 1.4.15, as packaged with Debian 5.x.  I googled,
but didn't find clue.  :(

Thanks!

- Morty