check_snmp_storage.pl ver 1.3.3 ERROR: General time-out (Alarm signal)

Mark Thomas cyborg9799 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 20:42:42 CEST 2011

Marc-Andre,

Hey thanks for the reply.

New server has same name as old. Old is out of production.  I see 161snmp is
in /etc/services both tcp and udp.

My other windows alerts for windows services checks use snmp on the same
server and monitored windows server and they are all working fine.

I forgot to mention.  The command works fine from command line:

/check_snmp_storage.pl  -H emerxxxxx -C xxxxxx_public -m C: -q FixedDisk -w
85% -c 90%
C:\ Label:  Serial Number 4485efbd: 30%used(21314MB/69966MB) (<85%) : OK

Maybe I should try rebuilding the command from scratch and test it on a
single server.

Mark

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 11:50 AM, Marc-André Doll <mad at b-care.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If you moved to a new server, checks if UDP 161 is open from your
> monitoring server to your monitored ones and if the snmp configuration
> on your monitored servers allows queries from your Nagios server.
>
> Marc-André
>
> On Tue, 2011-10-04 at 08:44 -0400, Mark Thomas wrote:
> > this script was running fine until we moved to another machine more
> powerful.
> > Now all alerts  of my windows machines are failing. with the above error.
> > My unix machines are fine.  I have not implemented the alert for Linux
> yet.
> > My other snmp alerts (that check windows services are working fine.
> >
> > Nagios 3.3.1
> > Ubuntu 10
> > 2.6.35-30-server
> > 64 bit