Nagios - Check for Updates

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Tue Oct 4 19:47:48 CEST 2011

On 04.10.2011 19:33, Jon Adcock wrote:
> Michael,
>   Very helpful.  The last link gave me something the latch onto.  Here
> is the top of my status.dat file:
>
> info {
>         created=1317748445
>         version=3.3.1
>         last_update_check=1317680163
>         update_available=0
>         last_version=3.3.1
>         new_version=3.3.1
>         }
>   So it appears that Nagios is checking just fine.  So my problem
> appears to be the in main.php, which never did display the "update
> available" banner when I was running version 3.2.3 (and 3.3.1 had
> been out for a week).  Any ideas?

that'll be a bug report for nagios developers then. the only support
from my side on that functionality - you can have a patchset which
completely removes the home calling functionality from both, core and
gui and re-adds the default look on the tac.cgi - but i don't think that
you want that ;-))

email:     michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
phone:     +43 1 4277 14359