Nagios - Check for Updates

Jon Adcock AdcockJ at leoncountyfl.gov
Sun Oct 2 02:14:57 CEST 2011

This feature (check for updates) does not appear to be working for me.  When 3.3.1 came out, I waited for a week, and never saw the update available banner displayed on the Nagios main landing page (main.php).  I've been playing with the main.php page to get it to display the date/time of the last update check, and it returns blank (no value), so I'm assuming that too mean it's not actually checking.

  I am currently running Nagios 3.3.1 on the Novell SLES v10 server (Nagios compiled from source).  Can anyone give me some troubleshooting steps to get me started?  For example, is there a way to enable logging of the check for updates feature, and is there a way to manually start the update check (the API, not the web page URL link)?

Jon Adcock
Network Systems Administrator
Leon County MIS
301 S. Monroe St.