Nagios RAC Plugin setup

Dermot Duffy dermot.duffy at brandtone.ie
Tue Nov 15 16:42:57 CET 2011

Hi,

I have recently configured nagios for monitoring all of my production servers and it works fine but now I need to monitor my Oracle RAC servers.

I have downloaded the following plugin (check_oracle_cluster) and have created an executable file on one of my RAC servers.

http://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Plugins/Databases/Oracle/Check-ORACLE-CLUSTER-%22RAC%22/details

[root at dubdb1 libexec]# ./check_oracle_cluster -n dubdb1
check_oracle_cluster Version 0.81

usage: check_oracle_cluster -n [options]

Global Options:
-n -- node

-a -- ASM
-l -- LISTENER
-g -- GSD
-o -- ONS
-v -- VIP

Ex.

check_oracle_cluster -n dbnode1 -a

[root at mvdbs1 libexec]# ./check_oracle_cluster -n dubdb1 -l
ORACLE_CLUSTER_lsnr WARNING: UNKNOW problem(s)

Can anyone please advise how to correctly configure this?

OS: RHEL 5
Nagios Ver:  3.2.1
Nagios-plugins-1.4.11

Thanks,