check_http -L writes raw html (a href) but does not render link in browser

Kimberly McKinnis kim at conviva.com
Wed Nov 9 22:33:49 CET 2011

I'm using the stock Nagios 3 package from aptitude on Ubuntu. I wrote a
new check using check_http, but the -L isn't entirely doing what I'd
expect. Do I need to set something else somewhere in Nagios to get browser
renderable code? I've tried both Firefox and Safari on MacOSX Lion.

My check:
define command{
        command_name    check-livepass-gateways
        command_line    /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_http -L -H
<obfuscated host> -u <obfuscated uri> -t 5 -R 'unknown' --invert-regex
        }

My check spits out the raw html code instead of actually making it a link:
<A
HREF="obfuscated URL"
 target="_blank">HTTP OK: HTTP/1.1 200 OK - 13878 bytes in 0.304
second response time </A>

C O N V I V A
Kimberly McKinnis | Systems Engineer, Service Delivery | kim at conviva.com |
Mobile: 724.612.2716 |
2 WATERS PARK DRIVE  |  SUITE 150  |  SAN MATEO  |  CA  |  94403  |
www.conviva.com |