Scheduled downtime and host checks

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Tue May 31 20:59:55 CEST 2011

On 31 May 2011 17:18, Kumar, Ashish <xml.devel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I had been under the impression that no service checks would be executed on
> a server during scheduled downtime but it seems otherwise.
>
> Would I be right in assuming all service checks will still be performed on a
> server during a scheduled downtime?
>
> I tried checking the documentation but there seems to be no information
> regarding this.
>
> Any hints are most welcome.

No, scheduled downtime only affects notifications, and the stats you
see in the availability cgi.  Service and host checks run as normal
during scheduled downtime.  This is useful because it allows you to
check the stats of those hosts and services are ok before the
scheduled downtime period ends.

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/nagioscore/3/en/downtime.html