Services are dependent on the host they run on?

Roberto Nunnari roberto.nunnari at supsi.ch
Thu May 26 18:46:39 CEST 2011

Hi all.

Some time ago, I've installed and configured nagios to monitor our IT
infrastructure.

It works very well and we're happy with it.

There's still one problem though:
When a host goes down, nagios sends notifications not only for host
down, but also for all services running on that host. When a host goes
down, I would like nagios to only send notifications about the host
down, and not for all the services running on that host.

How can I achive that?
May it be a configuration error from my side? I thought that to nagios,
services would be dependent from the host running them..

Any hint/advice/guidance is very welcome.

Thank you and best regards.

Robi