Mass Acknowledge a Service

Michael Friedrich michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at
Thu May 19 08:52:01 CEST 2011

steve f wrote:
> I have a check that checks the size of multiple partitions and we
> recently added some data that surpassed the threshold value and I have
> over 100 clients alerting.  There is nothing I can do about the space
> issue, it will go back to normal in a few weeks.
>
> Is it possible to acknowledge all 100 at once?

one of those reasons why we hacked the original cgis for Icinga Classic
UI allowing multiple commands to be sent. ofc depending on the apache
get restrictions this can be used for various commands, not only mass
acknowlegdgements.

consider checking out the demo system:
http://classic.demo.icinga.org/icinga/

> I do have a service group associated with this check but dont see that
> it can be ack'ed all at once.  Is it possible to edit the status.dat
> file with a reference to a host group instead of a host name to
> accomplish this? :
>
> servicecomment {
>         host_name=strxxxxxxxx
>
> *host_group = GROUPNAME HERE*
>
>         service_description=Legacy Partition Size
>         entry_type=4
>         comment_id=129
>         source=0
>         persistent=0
>         entry_time=1305654252
>         expires=0
>         expire_time=0
>         author=Nagios Admin
>         comment_data=known issue
>         }

> Achieve unprecedented app performance and reliability
> What every C/C++ and Fortran developer should know.
> Learn how Intel has extended the reach of its next-generation tools
> to help boost performance applications - inlcuding clusters.
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-dev2devmay

DI (FH) Michael Friedrich

Vienna University Computer Center

email: 	michael.friedrich at univie.ac.at