Integration of reports-module

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Tue May 17 14:37:24 CEST 2011

On 05/17/2011 02:18 PM, trm asn wrote:

> Is there any possibility to integrate op5 "reports-module" in Nagios 3.2.3 .

Not really. First of all because the op5-reports-module functionality
has been superseded by Merlin, and secondly because it by its very
nature already gets tightly coupled with Nagios as soon as it's
loaded into the Nagios core.

What we could do is to add a relatively simple module download, build
and install tool that takes care of installing modules such as merlin,
livestatus, DNX, NDOUtils and whatnot. I could add a fairly simple
framework for it and then random module authors could take care of
adding support for their own modules or addons.

That's probably the closest we're going to get to shipping addons and
modules along with Nagios core, and it's really the only sensible
thing to do.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.