[Nagios-users] RFC/RFP: Service parents

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Tue May 17 11:48:50 CEST 2011

On 05/17/2011 11:34 AM, Max Schubert wrote:
> Andreas,
>
> How does this differ functionality from the current ability to
> describe dependencies with servicedependency?  Is it just easier to
> define (I agree that would be a win)

It's just easier to describe, and it ties in nicely with different
additions to the configuration syntax being planned. It does have
some limitations, but in 99.5% of all dependencies I've seen, it
matches the usecase people put dependencies to so it should be quite
a nice win anyway.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.

http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-dev2devmay