Newbie Question

Terry Carmen terry at cnysupport.com
Tue May 17 06:36:11 CEST 2011

Quoting Matty Sarro <msarro at gmail.com>:

> [...]

FWIW, you might be looking at the wrong end of the problem.

Instead of having Nagios constantly query the database for your status codes, why don't you add a trigger on the table to do what you want when the record is updated. This could include generating a trap or notifying Nagios though another method.

It's much more efficient to work with the actual data at the source, than to keep watching from the outside.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/create-trigger.html

Terry